[Linux-cluster] GNBD, how good it is ?

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Jul 12 13:41:24 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 22:42 +0100, Gareth Bult wrote:
> However, after reading some of the 6.0 docs, this covers about 2% of
> the things you can do with cluster.xml .. (!)

True.  But cluster.xml is rather different from the one in RHCS/RHGFS.

> After getting a cluster "working" I started looking at services,
> shared IP's etc .. I didn't really stand a chance with all the "don't
> edit by hand" stuff in the 6.0 docs - they don't list the cluster.
> xml's to go with the examples, they just give screen shots of the
> config apps ... :(

Well, the shared IPs and stuff won't really do much until Friday... ;)
I hope to commit the cold-failover component to CVS by then.

The config app won't be available for awhile; it was for RHCS and RHGFS;
which have much less "stuff" to deal with than this project.  However, I
hope to expand the preliminary things I've sent to this list so that
people can define resource groups by (gasp) hand editing - at least
until the GUI is built.

-- Lon