[Linux-cluster] GNBD: cannot connect to cluster manager ...Operation not permitted

Christian Zoffoli merlin at studiobz.it
Mon Jul 19 15:40:40 UTC 2004

Hi to all.
I have compiled and installed all the stuff in cvs on a vanilla 2.6.7,
but I have a big problem when I try to export a device with GNBD:

...I've done all the steps in
https://open.datacore.ch/DCwiki.open/Wiki.jsp?page=GFS.GNBD.Usage

...but when I try

gnbd_export -v -e export1 -d /dev/sdb1

it fails with:

---
receiver: ERROR cannot connect to cluster manager : Operation not permitted
gnbd_export: ERROR gnbd_clusterd failed
---

looking at the log I have found this message:
---
Jul 19 20:28:13 gfs1 receiver[22551]: ERROR [gnbd_clusterd.c:53] cannot
connect to cluster manager : Operation not permitted
---

What can I do?
Where can I find a little explanation of the cluster.xml file ?

Thanks,
Christian