[Linux-cluster] unable to mount gfs partition

chloong chloong at nextnationnet.com
Wed Jul 21 01:54:36 UTC 2004

Adam Manthei wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 08:13:15PM +0800, chloong wrote:
>

>>hi all,
>>I managed to setup the whole gfs clustering. i have 2 nodes servers in
>>this gfs cluster.
>>
>>1 node is mounting the gfs partition without any issue but the other one
>>not able to mount...giving me error:
>>#mount -t gfs /dev/pool/smsgateclu_pool0 /gfs1
>>mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
>>/dev/pool/smsgateclu_pool0,
>>          or too many mounted file systems
>>
>>can anyone facing this problem?
>>

>This is the standard error message that mount gives on error.  In general it
>isn't very usefull.  More accurate error messages are on the console.  Post
>your `dmesg` output if you are still having problems.

hi,
i checked the dmesg, the error is :

lock_gulm: fsid=cluster1:gfs1: Exiting gulm_mount with errors -111
GFS: can't mount proto = lock_gulm, table = cluster1:gfs1, hostdata =

where as in /var/log/messages the error is :

lock_gulm: ERROR Got a -111 trying to login to lock_gulmd.  Is it runni
ng?
lock_gulm: ERROR cm_login failed. -111
lock_gulm: ERROR Got a -111 trying to start the threads.
lock_gulm: fsid=cluster1:gfs1: Exiting gulm_mount with errors -111
GFS: can't mount proto = lock_gulm, table = cluster1:gfs1, hostdata =

i got 2 nodes in the gfs cluster. 1 is the lock_gulm server and the
other one is not.
the one that not a lock_gulm server giving me mount error...

Did i need to start the lock_gulm daemon on this server that is not the
lock_gulm server?

When i start the lock_gulmd on this server it gave me this error in
/var/log/messages:

lock_gulmd[18399]: You are running in Standard mode.
lock_gulmd[18399]: I am (clu2.abc.com) with ip (192.168.11.212)
lock_gulmd[18399]: Forked core [18400].
lock_gulmd_core[18400]: ERROR [core_io.c:1029] Got error from reply:
(clu1:192.
168.11.211) 1006:Not Allowed

my cluster.ccs :

cluster {