Re: [Linux-cluster] RFI quick HOWTO

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:42:01 -0700, Christopher McCrory
<chrismcc gmail com> wrote:

> Hello...
>
>         Last year I looked at several distributed filesystems; OpenAFS, GFS,
> and NFS.  This was for a specific project.  I settled on NFS over LVM
> over software raid5.  It works well except for a few NFS issues here
> and there.  I really wanted to go with GFS but the lack of good
> documentation held me back.  What would be ideal is a specific simple
> HOWTO on setting up a simple lab test setup.

One thing I always wanted to do with OpenGFS was create a howto-matic.
I may look at resurrecting that idea (my TODO list already has quite a
few things on it). Getting some of the good bits of docs from ogfs is
also on my TODO list.

--Brian Jackson