[Linux-cluster] RFI quick HOWTO

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Sun Jun 27 21:50:31 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 20:23, Christopher McCrory wrote:

> > If it really is failover you are after, look at the HOWTOs and the
> > journal articles referenced on the Linux-HA pages.
> > The minimal setup you will need is two servers, linked  by a single
> > Ethernet and a serial cable. The heartbeat can run over both the
> > Ethernet and the serial link, giving you redundancy.
> >

>  Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of testing GFS?

You are absolutely correct. This is of course a GFS list!

I thought you were wanting to know how to put together a failover
setup with minimal hardware - and was giving some pointers on that,
as I've done that sort of work.

I agree that a lab-type setup for testing GFS on a small scale would
be very interesting.