[Linux-cluster] cluster with mixed versions

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 08:49:56 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:02:51AM -0700, Daniel McNeil wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Thanks for the info.  Once things stabilize, I assume supporting
> rolling upgrades is requirement, right?

Yes. Within minor version numbers of the cluster software. provided the same
clustering software loads into the kernel, the actualy kernel version shouldn't
matter.

> What needed feature required changing the protocol?
> Is the protocol documented anywhere?

It was for users of the messaging feature of cman to be able to find out which
"port" a message had been sent from (it previously assumed you could only send
and receive to the same port number).

> When changes like this are checked in, it would be good to
> announce it on the mailing list.

Yes, sorry that should have happened. it was "announced" on the commit mailing
list but I appreciate that not everyone reads that.
--

patrick