Re: [Linux-cluster] Compile problems with latest CVS

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:07:36PM +0000, linux-cluster spam dragonhold org wrote:
> I'm almost positive that I'm inept - since this is much more likely to be my fault than
> anything else, however I've gone through the process multiple times, and can't seem to see
> what I'm doing wrong.
> 1. Download & untar 2.6.9 kernel
> 2. login to cvs & checkout the cluster stuff
> 3. for i in ../cluster/*kernel/patches/2.6.9/*patch; do patch -p1 <$i; done
>    Which means

you don't need to use the patches unless you want to try compiling
static instead of modules.  You are a lot better off compiling the
modules from the *-kernel directories. (configure --kernel_src=...;make)

I cannot speak for the cman patch, but I know I've been a bit lazy
keeping the gulm patch uptodate with the code in the gfs-kernel/src/gulm
(others might have been better.)

So try building the module that way.  If you still really want to use a
kernel patch, peek inside the makefile.  There are rules for making the
patch if you put the kernel source in the right place.

Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
COBOL is the anti-code