From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com on behalf of Ken Preslan
Sent: Wed 11/24/2004 5:05 PM
To: linux clistering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS 6 hang during file copy..

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:33:04PM -0500, Kovacs, Corey J. wrote:
> My question, if it's the right one, is did I hit a limit in inodes? As I
> recall, GFS maps inodes from the
> host somehow. Is there a way to increas the numbe so that I can actually
use
> the space I have or
> must I reduce the size of the filesystem?
>
> Of course I could be completely off base and if so, please let me know...

It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the number of inodes.

If this happens again, collect the following for each node:

1)  The output of "gfs_tool lockdump /mountpoint"
2)  The output of "ps aux"
3)  What gets written to the log when you do "echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
; echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger"

--
Ken Preslan <kpreslan redhat com>