[Linux-cluster] What is the status of GFS?

Hi all,

I'm anxiously waiting for a good time to use GFS in some of my projects
but I'm a little concerned that it's just not ready. I've been lurking
on the list for a couple of months now and it seems everything from
copying files to using samba will cause hangs or panics. Is this because
people here are using fresh code from CVS or simply that it's not there
yet?

-n.