Re: [Linux-cluster] What is the status of GFS?

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 10:38:32AM +0900, Naoki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm anxiously waiting for a good time to use GFS in some of my projects
> but I'm a little concerned that it's just not ready. I've been lurking
> on the list for a couple of months now and it seems everything from
> copying files to using samba will cause hangs or panics. Is this because
> people here are using fresh code from CVS or simply that it's not there
> yet?

The stable version of GFS is certainly ready.  There are pointers to the
srpm's here: http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/gfs/

(CVS and most of the discussion is about the next version.  That's nearing
release time and the test reports here are very helpful.)

--
Dave Teigland  <teigland redhat com>