Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS and vanilla kernel

Graham,
Could you tell which Linux kernel and distribution you are using for your GFS? How many nodes? and what does your cluster.conf look like? Thanks!

-Qian

At 21:28 2004-11-29 +0000, you wrote:
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 07:02:48PM +0300, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Any chance to install GFS over vanilla kernel ?
> Installation guide will be usefull too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Anatoly P. Pugachev

If you're looking at the CVS, the instructions in

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/usage.txt

are the steps you need to take.

To summarise:

use cvs to download latest source.
run configure in the relevant directories - telling it where the kernel source is.
Run make install
Create /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
startup cluster
create filesystems
mount filesystems.

I rebuilt mine a few days ago - from start to finish (including debian sarge install) it was a couple of hours from start to finish.

Graham