[Linux-cluster] Cluster of different Architectures

Graham Wood linux-cluster at spam.dragonhold.org
Tue Nov 30 17:00:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 04:24:24PM +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> I've checked in a fix. There was a change made recently and I forgot the
> byte-swapping.
If I manage to get the stuff for work done in a sane amount of time tonight, I'll try a CVS update on all three nodes and try it again.  Is there any debug or anything that I can enable to get proper info if it doesn't work?  Might as well get as much info out of it as we can if it doesn't work.

> > > I don't know about GFS itself though, I don't have shared storage at home :)
> > GNBD means you don't need it! :)
> Ah well, but that means I would have to test GNBD on mixed-architecture ;-)
Oooh - that would be interesteding, especially if my idea with DRBD in the backend was workable - you could end up mirroring between the x86 and sparc, as well as failing over between them.  Suddenly it gets very interesting.

I think I'll take a backup of the data on the gfs partitions before I do this. :)