[Linux-cluster] NFS + GFS = kernel panic

Arnaud Gauthier agauthier at realmedia.com
Tue Nov 30 22:05:10 UTC 2004

Le mardi 30 Novembre 2004 21:32, Brynnen R Owen a écrit :

> kernel.org.  Things seem to run fine until NFS is used.  NFS appears
> to work for a bit, but either after a few hours or when there is a
> known stale NFS handle, the kernel panics with (Sorry, only a fragment
> of the error)

I used unfsd (NFS v3 in user space) without any trouble with GFS & latest
kernel 2.6.9. But kernel level NFS was not stable. I found the same issue
with ogfs or older CVS versions of GFS (with kernel 2.6.7).

Hope this can help you as a workaround :-)

Regards,
Arnaud
--
Arnaud Gauthier <agauthier at realmedia.com>