[Linux-cluster] 2 Nodes, IDE, no SAN Solution?

Alexander Opitz opi at le-bit.de
Tue Oct 5 12:09:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

Does a solution for 2 nodes exists, both with a IDE drive (without more
hardware), so that I've a shared "partition" on both nodes r/w accessable? So
if one node fails, I can continue on the other node but have the shared
"partition" r/w accessable.

Or is there a point where I can help to test/code such a solution? (if not,
where should it go, into GFS, LVM or gnbd(I think not there))
May http://parisc-linux.org/~jejb/md_bitmap/ help there? (It's the fast RAID1
patch for 2.6.x kernels ... in which only the bits after a disconnect will be
transfered.)

Any Help is welcome.

Greetings Alex//