[Linux-cluster] Re: 2 Nodes, IDE, no SAN Solution?

Karl Vogel karl.vogel at seagha.com
Wed Oct 6 15:01:45 UTC 2004

Alexander Opitz <opi at le-bit.de> wrote in
news:200410051409.58259.opi at le-bit.de:

> Does a solution for 2 nodes exists, both with a IDE drive (without
> more hardware), so that I've a shared "partition" on both nodes r/w
> accessable? So if one node fails, I can continue on the other node but
> have the shared "partition" r/w accessable.

Do you mean 2 PC's with each a separate IDE drive?

OpenSSI + DRBD provides that functionaility.. but the integration of DRBD
into OpenSSI isn't ready (last I heard, there was working code but it had
problems)

If you are looking for cheap shared disk hardware, you can get an external
Firewire IDE disk. (e.g. Maxtor OneTouch allows 4 'logins' to the drive)
I haven't tried it yet, but I guess GFS should be able to run on it.