[Linux-cluster] Re: Cluster stack in RHEL 4?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Oct 8 20:40:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 09:36:26AM -0400, Brian Stevens wrote:

> RHEL today actually comes in 4 flavors: desktop, workstation,
> small server, and large server. Each has a different service
> level agreement, costs different appropriately, etc. Things
> like clustering were layered so you could use on top of
> whatever RHEL version that meets your needs.

Wouldn't it make sense to get GFS tested in RHEL4's beta programme,
too, independent of the later product packaging?

At least the currently shipped RHEL4 kernel rpm needs patching to
allow for GFS' hooks (the cluster-wide-lock patches are required).

It would be nice to see GFS in beta2 or perhaps in its own right under
a layered beta (even w/o configuration GUIs)?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net