[Linux-cluster] "gfs_mkfs -p LockProtoName" problem

Adam Manthei amanthei at redhat.com
Tue Oct 19 16:40:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:54:03PM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> Hello,all.
> 	How can I use the LockProtoName: lock_gulm,lock_nolock?
> When I use lock_gulm to make gfs filesystem,I can not mount the filesystem.
> When lock_nolock, the gfs can be mounted,but when writed, the kernel paniced.
> Is that true that I can only use lock_dlm in GFS 6.1pre2 + kernel 2.6.8.1 ?

What error messages are being printed to the syslog and console on mount?
(`dmesg` is your friend!)  Is lock_gulmd running?  Did you name the
filesystem with the correct -t option?

When you are using lock_nolock to mount the filesystem, are you doing it
from more than one node?  lock_nolock is ok for a single node, but it
doesn't do any locking, so if you mount it from a second node you will
corrupt your filesystem and see kernel panics.

--
Adam Manthei  <amanthei at redhat.com>