[Linux-cluster] booting from a storage array

Hi,

When building a storage server, is it generally considered good practice to boot the storage server from the array, or would there usually be a separate boot medium?

I'm building a storage array for a SAN using S-ATA hardware RAID5 controllers, with 12 250GB drives on each. Each controller looks like a humongous SCSI disk to the system (almost 3TB each). I'm planning to use Fedora Core2 for my OS, and have been toying with the idea of using GFS between multiple machines, but I'm not that far yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Best,

Carlos Knowlton

PS. Sorry if this is a little off topic, but this seemed like a good place to ask this question.