[Linux-cluster] Cyrus mail store via FC ?

Michael Gale michael.gale at utilitran.com
Mon Oct 25 22:31:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

	Has anyone tried to keep a Cyrus mail store on a shared storage device ?

Again with the shared storage, we want to have one box just accept mail
for final delivery and store users email in there account which is
accessible through a FC to some sort of shared storage.

Then we would have multiple servers running Cyrus IMAP, each independent
of each other were users could login and access their mail account.

So could Cyrus IMAP servers all access the same message store partition
at once ? and would a reiserf file system be ok or do I need some thing
like GFS for locking ?

Thanks.

--
Michael Gale
Lan Administrator

The best part is when the people who know the least are the ones ranting
and raving.