[Linux-cluster] The GFS filesystem is exclusively mount by WBEL3.0.

shirai at sc-i.co.jp shirai at sc-i.co.jp
Fri Oct 29 09:11:43 UTC 2004

I try to work GFS6.0 with WhiteBoxEnterpriseLinux.

1. The installation of Linux used the package that had been downloaded from
the following site.
     ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/3.0/en/iso/i386/
    liberatin-i386-binary-n-fixed.iso (n=1 to 3)

2. The RPM package of Kernel 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp was made according to the
following procedures and renewed.
    #rpmbuild --rebuild --target i686 kernel 2.4.21-15.0.3.EL.src.rpm

3. The package of GFS6.0 used the following binaries.

http://www.hughesjr.com/component/option,com_docman/task,view_category/Itemi
d,34/subcat,1/catid,15/limitstart,0/limit,50/
    The process to here was able to advance without trouble, and to load the
GFS module correctly.

However, the problem occurred by the mount of the GFS filesystem.

There are three GFS nodes.
They are one lock server (gfslocksv) and two client nodes (gfsnodea and
gfsnodeb).
I mount /dev/pool/pool0 on/gfs0 directory with gfsnodea.
The file was able to be read and written on/gfs0.

Next, I mount /dev/pool/pool0 on/gfs0 directory with gfsnodeb.
However, it is not executed through all eternity.
And, if/gfs0 is umounted with gfsnodea, it can mount /gfs0 with gfsnodb.
However, it cannot mount /gfs0 from gfsnodea this time.

In a word, it is put/gfs0 only on exclusive by two clients.
Besides, should I do anything?

Shirai Noriyuki
Chief Engineer Technical Div. System Create Inc
Ishkawa 2nd Bldg 1-10-8 Kajicho
Chiyodaku Tokyo 101-0044 Japan
Tel81-3-5296-3775 Fax81-3-5296-3777
e-mail:shirai at sc-i.co.jp web:http://www.sc-i.co.jp