[Linux-cluster] GFS 2Tb limit

There was a post a while back asking about 2Tb limits and the consensus was that with 2.6 you should be able to exceed the 2Tb limit with GFS. I've been trying several ways to get GFS working including using software raidtabs and LVM (seperately :) ) and everytime I try to use mkfs.gfs on a block device larger than 2Tb I get the following:

Command: mkfs.gfs -p lock_dlm -t cluster1:gfs1 -j 8 /dev/md0
Result: mkfs.gfs: can't determine size of /dev/md0: File too large

(/dev/md0 is obviously something different when using LVM or direct block device access)

Does anyone have a working GFS filesystem larger than 2Tb (or know how to make one)?
Without being able to scale past 2Tb, GFS becomes pretty useless for us...

Thanks for any help,

Stephen