Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS 2Tb limit

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

Stephen Willey wrote:

There was a post a while back asking about 2Tb limits and the consensus was that with 2.6 you should be able to exceed the 2Tb limit with GFS. I've been trying several ways to get GFS working including using software raidtabs and LVM (seperately :) ) and everytime I try to use mkfs.gfs on a block device larger than 2Tb I get the following:
Command: mkfs.gfs -p lock_dlm -t cluster1:gfs1 -j 8 /dev/md0
Result: mkfs.gfs: can't determine size of /dev/md0: File too large