[Linux-cluster] AW: GNBD multipath with devicemapper? -- possible solution

Hansjörg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at dlr.de
Fri Apr 22 18:45:33 UTC 2005

Hi

I did further tests and I am not sure if it is gnbd related.
I did some tests with local ext3 and local gfs filesystem
on rhel4   2.6.9-6.36 and 2.6.9-6.38 with current cvs (RHEL4 tag).
ext3 reads and writes 2000MB in about 13-14s on our new testhardware.
gfs writes it in about 15s and needs about 40 s for reading (even with
lock_nolock filesystem)

Maybe you can try this on an local RHEL4 gfs filesystem to, in order to
be sure,
that my initially gnbd problem did not lead you to the wrong direction
and the problem is gfs related.

nice weekend from munich

hansjörg