Re: [Linux-cluster] How do nodes in a cluster authenticate each other?

Jeff Harr wrote:
> I asked this under a different heading earlier but nobody answered J
> Don’t mean to spam the group but I can’t figure it out.  This is on a
> Redhat Cluster 4.

Basically they don't. In a CMAN cluster there is a join protocol that all nodes
have to go through to become a member and cluster nodes will only talk to known
members.

But as things currently stand if someone spoofs the IP address, port & cluster
number then it will get through I'm afraid. The solution is to use a private
network for cluster communications.

--

patrick