[Linux-cluster] I love GFS

I would just like to say a big thank you to all those who have created
GFS. I have fallen in love with it in the last month.

I have a setup where all of my Windows infrastructure/servers run
under vmware and I am currently migrating the vmware images to a GFS
cluster that allows me some pretty cool failover and load balancing of
the virtual machines.

I have one question though - what is the real world experience with
the reliability of a GFS filesystem? In my case if I lose the vmware
GFS image repository I would lose 6 or more virtual servers and all of
our Windows infrastructure, which would be a major pain. Something
deep down says that putting all of my eggs in one basket is a bad
idea, but there are some great advantages to doing it this way.

What do other people think?

Robert Ruge   School of Information Technology, Deakin University