[Linux-cluster] Re: GFS

David Teigland writes:
> but why can't you return NULL here on failure like you do for
> find_lock_page()?

because create is set

Yes, but looking at (some of the) top-level callers, there's no real reason why create must not fail. Am I missing something here?

> gfs2-02.patch:+ RETRY_MALLOC(bd = kmem_cache_alloc(gfs2_bufdata_cachep, > GFP_KERNEL),
> -> GFP_NOFAIL

It looks to me like NOFAIL does nothing for kmem_cache_alloc().
Am I seeing that wrong?

It is passed to the page allocator just like with kmalloc() which uses __cache_alloc() too.

Pekka