Re: [Linux-cluster] Which APC fence device ?

Eric Kerin wrote:
On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 11:01 -0400, Greg Forte wrote:

Eric Kerin wrote:

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 10:20 -0400, Greg Forte wrote:

There was a message on this list in January to the effect of "does APC 7900 work with fence_apc?" / "I think so ...".

Has anyone confirmed this?

I'm using them in my cluster, they work well with the fence_apc agent.

The only caveat is that the agent won't work if you use outlet groups
for cluster nodes, without a few changes to the agent.  I can give you
my modified version if you want to use outlet groups for cluster nodes.
(A patch will be coming that will work with both port group and non-port
group modes, but I haven't had a chance to write it up yet.)

Great, thanks.

I'm new to this sort of hardware, not sure exactly what you mean by "outlet groups", could you elaborate?

It's a feature on the APC 7900 that will allow a single command to one 7900 to automatically turn off/on ports on other 7900s via the network. I use it to turn off both power supplies on my cluster nodes at once, while still providing redundant paths for power.

Ah, I see. Yes, I will probably be wanting to do the same thing, if you could forward me your patch I'd appreciate it.

-g

Greg Forte
gforte udel edu
IT - User Services