[Linux-cluster] updating ccs and running lock_gulmd

I want to change the heartbeat allowed_misses setting.  I
extracted the current config with "ccs_tool extract", modified
cluster.ccs, then ran
"ccs_tool create -O <dir of files> /dev/pool/cca"

Does lock_gulmd automagically see changes, or do I have to tell
it to look?  "service lock_gulmd" offers only these options:
  start|stop|restart|status|forcestop
(I was hoping for a "reload".)

This is on a production system so I'd prefer to do this without
causing everyone to be fenced off.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
John Griffin-Wiesner
Linux Cluster/Unix Systems Administrator