[Linux-cluster] RHEL/RHCS3: many pipe files keep building up in /tmp

Under a new install of RHCS, after the system has been up for a while I get tons of files with a name in the format of sh-np-1124010202 (the numbers change) in /tmp. They are all pipe files like this:

prw-------    1 root     root            0 Aug 14 09:42 sh-np-1124010202

I can't find anything attaching to them with lsof | grep sh-np however the only show up after I've started up clustering.

Can anyone explain these files and if they are supposed to be cleaned up somehow?

Thanks,
Tarun