[Linux-cluster] Fencing Module for VMware ESX and GSX

Hello!

I recently deployed GFS between 2 virtual machines on a VMware ESX server and had a problem because there was no fencing module that could handle this architecture. So, using the fence_apc module as a template, I wrote a compatible module, fence_vmware. Now, since I didn't want to rewrite GFS and recompile to use this new module, I am currently using it as a drop-in replacement for the fence_apc module, and using the APC configuration syntax. However, this code seems to work just right when a machine misses sync, it will log into the VMware ESX server and attempt to do a soft reboot of the VM, then a hard reboot if necessary. I hope to see this incorporated into the GFS tree, but if not it will be available on my website.

Attached is a copy of the source, also available at http:// www.zachlowry.net/software.php, along with a sample configuration.

-- Zach Lowry MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN zach zachlowry net