Re: [Linux-cluster] two fencing problems

Eric Kerin wrote:
But mainly, check that the names you use in the clusternode name
attributes are resolvable on both nodes, and they resolve to the same IP
address on both nodes.

They do resolve, and to the same IP address. Interestingly, if I stop fenced on the "good" node and run it manually as 'fenced -D' to monitor the debugging output, and then run 'fence_node hostname', no activity shows up - but if I do my simulated failure on the "bad" node (drop the interface), then it starts spewing debugging output (though the fencing fails for some other unknown reason ... but killing that and restarting fenced properly fixes it).

I kind of give up at this point - fencing now works, and I can always force a node by dropping its interface (or yanking the network cable) - it's dirty, but it works.

-g

Greg Forte
gforte udel edu
IT - User Services