[Linux-cluster] adding to a 2 node cluster

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 14:17:23 UTC 2005

Jeff Dinisco wrote:
> That was my suspicion.  Is a reboot necessary or can I simply take down
> all the daemons/mods and bring them back up again?  Also, my process
> will work going from a 3 to 4 node cluster, correct?

Yes, a full reboot is not strictly necessary - just leave the cluster and rejoin.

3 upwards is fine - just keep adding them. It's just 2 nodes that is a special
case to avoid a split-brain.

When adding new nodes, make sure the config file version number is updated and
the cluster is told of the new version change using "cman_tool version -r<n>".
--

patrick