[Linux-cluster] any documentaion about manual fence!

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 17:15:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 04:47:40PM +0300, Abdullah Jarbou wrote:
> CMAN: join request from node2 rejected, config version local 11 remote 10.

This sounds like your cluster.conf file is different on the two nodes, at
least the version is.

> I'm using  the manual_fence since I don't have any hardware fencing device
> yet. Also, I configure all the cluster services (ccsd, cman, rgmanager,
> fenced) to be booting on automatically ( chkconfig on).
>

> I know that the fence device is required to run RHCS, but I am trying now to
> finish building the cluster using the manual fence.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1-     Is it possible to run the cluster with the manual_fence? Is there any
> related documentation or alternative way.

Yes, it's possible, but not easy.  Read the man pages and some of the info
here:  http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/usage.txt

> 2-     I don't want to waste your time by such questions, but I surprised
> that a lot of experts use some shell commands to manage and administer the
> cluster while I am not find any documentation about  RHCS U2 except
> "Configuring and Managing RHCS" from redhat. So, is there another
> documentation or method to learn the RHCS well?

There are no official documents explaining how to run a cluster from the
command line, only using the GUI.

Dave