[Linux-cluster] GFS and EMC's powerpath

In prepping to install GFS 6.0 on a cluster of three RHEL 3, Update6 web servers attached to an EMC AX100. I've run into some weirdness with EMC powerpath 4.3.4. If I have more than one server attached to the single virtual disk (i.e. LUN) I created on the array powerpath doesn't put the pseudo device (empowerb) into the partition table (as seen by doing a cat /proc/partitions). If I only have single server attached/registered to the virtual disk the pseudo device does get placed in the partition table.

I can get the EMC pseudo device into the partition table of all three servers only by attaching and then detaching each server as I install powerpath. Then I can attach the other two servers and things seem to work fine...until I reboot one of the boxes. It then drops the emc pseudo device from the partition table again.

Anyone run into similar problems?

Darren.....