Re: [Linux-cluster] Need some advice about gfs or gfs2

David Teigland wrote:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 05:34:16PM +0100, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
Our plan is to setup some nodes with GFS that export their filesystem as NFS to our (640) clients. I read the kernel archives and some other discussion about gfs and gfs2. The version that maybe included in the
vanilla kernel will be gfs2 and is incompatible with gfs filesystems.

I now have the time to make an decission gfs or gfs2. So i need some advice which version to choose?

I have build gfs CVS stable without any problems. Gfs2 is another story till now i did not succeed. I am using debian sarge for this moment. Another question is when will gfs2 be included in the red-hat cluster suite?

Use GFS(1) which is stable.  GFS2 is still in development, it won't be
ready for general use for quite a while.

Dave,

 Thanks a lot for your advice.

Regards

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv sara nl      *