[Linux-cluster] GNBD import mirroring?

Brenton Rothchild brenton at iowai.org
Mon Dec 12 15:03:40 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I was thinking about trying to set up a test cluster
according to the figure in

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-ov-perform.html#S2-OV-ECONOMY

but I see a post from Benjamin Marzinski that this is a
marketing fluke and isn't possible?
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2005-February/msg00049.html)

Is that true, or this possible?  I'd like to make use of two GNBD
export servers that I could RAID 1+0 on the GNBD import nodes
to get a network mirror plus resizeable GFS parition...
if that's even possible.

If anyone could tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree on this,
I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
-Brenton

--
Brenton D. Rothchild
Iowa Interactive

NOTICE:  This electronic communication (including any attachments) is
covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510 -
2521, is confidential and also may be protected by attorney-client
privilege. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, please
do not read it.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, use, retention, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply
to the sender by return E-mail that you have received the communication
in error and then delete it from your system. Thank you.