[Linux-cluster] Synchronized filesystem

Jean-Eric Cuendet jec at rptec.ch
Thu Dec 29 12:55:05 UTC 2005

Hi,
Is it possible to use GFS to make a synchronized filesystem between 2
machines with a "slow" line in between?
I mean:
- One machine with storage is in US
- One machine without storage is in UK
- There is a 2Mbit line between them.

We would like to have access to the files from both side, reading being
*fast*. At the moment, we use rsync during the night. This is OK but:
  - Not up-to-date if modifs in US are done during the day
  - If someone wants to modify, he must edit the files in the *US* not
in the UK, even if he is in the UK.

The idea would be to have gnbd in the US, GFS accross these 2 machines
and GFS in the UK making *read* caching and taking care of locking if
someone in the UK modify files in the US. Is that possible with GFS?

Thanks for any ideas.
-jec

--
Best regards / Salutations.