[Linux-cluster] Unique device on each node

Ion Alberdi ialberdi at histor.fr
Mon Feb 14 16:59:05 UTC 2005

I'm working with rgmanager, and i have a question.
Does a device needed by a service put in failover, must have the same
name on each node the service could eventually run?
More precisely is this configuration:
a service that needs to mount
*/dev/hda1 in /mnt/fs when he runs on node1
*/dev/hdb1 in /mnt/fs running on node2
impossible to implement with this cluster?

The configuration file cluster.conf is the same for all the nodes and I
haven't already found a way to say in the cluster.conf:
 in node1 do that,in node2 do that, so I assume it is imposible.

I would like to have a confirmation for that.

Thanks in advance for all the eventual answers.