Re: [Linux-cluster] a question about gfs file system

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 08:43:06AM +0200, Yazan Al-Sheyyab wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   OK if not sure , please can you tell me the minimum space for a partition
> to put if i want to format it as gfs ?

it varies.  by default, each journal is 128M, but you can change that
with mkfs.gfs.  The minimum is 32M.  The rest of the meta data?  I duno,
but it is rather dwarfed by the size of the journals.  I'm not sure
there has been much, if any, testing with devices smaller than a
gigabyte.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.