[Linux-cluster] About tuning GFS

Velu Erwan erwan at seanodes.com
Mon Feb 7 16:59:01 UTC 2005

Hi folks,
I've been trying to understand the way I can tune my GFS 6.0.2
configuration.
I've found I can play using the setflag options which can change the
exhash, jdata, unused, ea_indirect, directio, inherit_directio &
inherit_jdata

I know about direct_io and its inherit_directio regarding
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-manage-direct-io.html

jdata are also decribes by
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-manage-data-journal.html

But I didn't find anything for the other values.
What are theses options ?

I have the same questions regarding the gettune option which print a
lots of value which seems undocumented.

Could someone give me some help for understanding their behaviours ?
Erwan Velu
Consultant - Seanodes SA
http://www.seanodes.com