[Linux-cluster] About tuning GFS

Derek Anderson danderso at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 17:36:54 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 10:59, Velu Erwan wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've been trying to understand the way I can tune my GFS 6.0.2
> configuration.
> I've found I can play using the setflag options which can change the
> exhash, jdata, unused, ea_indirect, directio, inherit_directio &
> inherit_jdata
>
> I know about direct_io and its inherit_directio regarding
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-manage-direct-io.ht
>ml
>
> jdata are also decribes by
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-manage-data-journal
>.html

See also section 9.4:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-manage-quota.html

If you are not using quotas you can turn this off which should reduce overhead
some.

Another thing you can try is mounting with noatime (-o noatime):
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-manage-atimeconf.html#S2-MANAGE-MOUNTNOATIME