[Linux-cluster] cluster latest cvs does not fence dead nodes automatically

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at telkom.co.id
Tue Feb 15 07:32:59 UTC 2005

David Teigland wrote:

>It looks like the node names are wrong.  There were some recent changes to
>how we deal with node names, but I don't see how this setup could ever
>have worked, even with previous code.
>
>The node names you put in cluster.conf must match the name on the network
>interface you want cman to use.

It is. cluster node names is identical to each node's hostname, and those
ip addresses are in /etc/hosts.

> It looks like the machine's name is
>"hosting-cl02-02".

My mistake. That particular line was from the wrong server :)

> Is that the hostname on the network interface you want
>cman to use?  If so, then that's the name you should enter in
>cluster.conf, and that's the name that should appear when you run
>"cman_tool status" and "cman_tool nodes".

I'll make a new setup, using new node names (in cluster.conf too, just
in case),
try cman_tool and post the result in a few minutes.

Regards,

Fajar