Re: [Linux-cluster] LVM over a gnbd exported device

Patrick Caulfield wrote:

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 05:54:07PM +0100, Ion Alberdi wrote:

Hello.
I'm currently seting up a three node cluster.
I want to have a shared logical partition between the three nodes i.e that the device
/dev/vg1/lv1 appears on the three nodes.

There is what I tryed
after initialing the cluster:

(ccsd cman_tool join fence_tool join clvmd vgchange -aly worked well)

export /dev/hdb from the node debian to buba and gump.
debian has /dev/hdb
buba has /dev/gnbd/dd
gump has /dev/gnbd/dd

If you change the available block devices to a node them clvmd must (currently)
be restarted on all nodes. This includes adding new partitions or gnbd imports.

I restarted clvmd after exporting/importing the devices on all nodes, and it worked.
Thanks!