[Linux-cluster] gfs probelm

maria perez mshk_00 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 12:47:00 UTC 2005

>HI,
>
 > I configure the gfs , and i mount the partitioned as gfs as mentioned in
>the document, but when make a reboot, the system halted and stay ask
>continuously :  lock_glumd is it running.

 >i didnt put the mounted gfs partitions in the /etc/fstab.  ( is that true
>?)

>i made a shell and i put in it the following :
>  service ccsd stop
>  service lock_gulmd stop

>  and i execut it before i make a reboot, and when i loged again to the
>system the two services are running by the system, that is ok , i know it
>is
>not a solution , BUT in the second reboot i found that the system gives the
>same continuous error question ( lock_gulmd is it running? ).

>how can i solve this ?
>can i put the partitions in the /etc/fstab ?

>OR WHAT ?????.

I don't know many nodes you have running, and if all nodes are lock_gulm
servers or only one of them. Maybe if you reboot a node that is a server
lock_gulm without stop this services (gfs, lock_gulmd, ccsd) and other nodes
that are running depens of that node.

have you created the archive /etc/sysconfig/gfs ???

!!The order to stop the modules is: gfs, lock_gulmd, ccsd, pool.
Sorry I can not help you more.
   Good luck!