[Linux-cluster] Which APC fence device ?

Manuel Bujan bujan at isqsolutions.com
Fri Jan 14 17:58:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

Could any of you guys can recommend me a working APC Masterswitch model to
use as a fencing device for our two node GFS cluster ?

We are planning to go in production by the next month and we were using
until now the fencing manual mechanism.

I looked inside the APC site and I found different models, but I am not
certainly sure which one to select to be compatible with the fence_apc
program.

Does fence_apc work with ethernet power switches from APC like the model
AP7900 ?
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=70

Any suggestions

Regards