Re: [Linux-cluster] RedHat Cluster suite installation

GFS 6.1 for RHEL 4 shipped two weeks ago:

http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/gfs/ (General info page)
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/  (Documentation Pages)

GFS 6.1 can indeed run in 2 node configurations.  It includes the DLM (Distributed Lock Manager) which "spreads" the locking across all GFS nodes w/o separate lock servers. Though DLM is now the default, GULM remains as an alternative lock manager.

- Rob

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 09:25 +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
haydar Ali wrote:

> Hi Yazan,
>
> Yes I know that I have to use GFS to reach the shared from the two
> nodes at the same time but the RedHat technical support said me that I
> need 3 nodes (3 servers) connected to my SAN and we have only 2 nodes
> connected by 2 Fiber channel each.
> My question : can I use only 2 nodes in GFS solution??

You can with RHEL4 and http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/ . I believe
the official (supported) version was released recently but I can't find
the PR stuff yet.

Regards,

Fajar