Re: [Linux-cluster] NFS configuration question

Eric Kerin wrote:

It should already work this way. Look in /usr/share/cluster/service.sh, there is a block of XML data that defines the service resource agent. Twords the end of the block of XML is a "special" tag this defines the child node types for that agent. You'll notice each of the child nodes has a start and stop number. These define the order that the given children are started and stopped You'll see filesystems are started at level 2, and ip addresses are started at 3. Since a nfs export is defined as a child of a fs agent, the nfs exports are turned on after mounting the filesystem, and before the IP address is active.

It kind of works this way, but still it doesn't...

I just did a clusvcadm -R <service> and I also tried with -s followed by -e.

What happens is exacly what you describe. Exports come up all in one go, then the IP address.
But then, a split second later all exports except the one I have in /etc/exports are gone. It's as if something has done 'exportfs -r'. I'll have to look into this. Could be my own config problem, as I restart the lockd when bringing up the service. However the exports are all there when I reboot and let the services come up automatically, and if my script is the culprit it should behave the same way then, shouldn't it?

After this, the export lines get added again when the cluster tests for them and finds them missing. The problem there is that not all the export lines get tested. Of my 9 export entries in cluster.conf only 5 get tested and reexported after disappearing. As I said they are all there if I reboot and let the service come up automatically.

--
birger