[Linux-cluster] HELP! Diapered block device

AJ Lewis alewis at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 15:34:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 09:16:45AM -0600, Jon Scottorn wrote:
> Thanks,
>
>     That made it so I can mount it from the other nodes, but now I can't
> mount it on the storage server.

Gah!  Is the fsck still running?  You *CANNOT* run the fsck while other nodes
have the fs mounted.  The fsck changes the lock protocol to prevent others
from mounting after the fsck starts.  It will be changed back after
completion.

The fsck can take a while in the duplicate block code - could you tell if it
was still accessing storage?  If you have lots of inodes in the system, it's
gonna take a while to work through them in the dup block handling code.

AJ Lewis                                   Voice:  612-638-0500
Red Hat                                    E-Mail: alewis at redhat.com
One Main Street SE, Suite 209
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Current GPG fingerprint = D9F8 EDCE 4242 855F A03D  9B63 F50C 54A8 578C 8715
Grab the key at: http://people.redhat.com/alewis/gpg.html or one of the
many keyservers out there...