Re: [Linux-cluster] NFS configuration question

Eric Kerin wrote:

Just because I'm curious, why do you restart lockd? Are you restarting
any other nfs related services from rgmanager?

I think I found the bug. A line had sneaked (snuck?) back into cluster.conf from an early experiment. I have just been blind to this line in the config file. I once had it set up so that the service started NFS. Later I changed it so NFS gets started at boot with just a dummy export in my exports file.

Now, the line starting NFS was back in my config file. Must have been a copy/paste error at some time.

The lockd/statd that start at boot shouldn't really have anything to do, so when the service starts I simply run a modified version of /etc/init.d/nfslock that kills the existing daemons and start them again with some parameters set... I set the hostname to the one that follows the nfs service, and redirect the state dir to a gfs disk. When the service stops, these daemons get stopped, and the default ones started again. This way I hope to get the HA service to also take over locks.

Here is a snippet of my config file showing the resources and the nfs service. Of the listed exports, the first one for users01 and all 3 for iftscratch don't seem to get status checks, and thus never came up again.

<resources>
<clusterfs fstype="gfs" name="cluadmfs" mountpoint="/cluadm" device="/dev/mapper/raid5-cluadm" options="acl"/>
<clusterfs fstype="gfs" name="pakkefs" mountpoint="/service/pakke" device="/dev/mapper/raid5-pakke" options="acl"/>
<clusterfs fstype="gfs" name="users01fs" mountpoint="/service/users01" device="/dev/mapper/raid5-users01" options="acl"/>
<clusterfs fstype="gfs" name="iftscratchfs" mountpoint="/service/iftscratch" device="/dev/mapper/raid5-iftscratch" options="acl"/>
<nfsclient name="nis-hosts" target="@nis-hosts" options="rw,sync"/>
<nfsclient name="nis-hosts-ro" target="@nis-hosts" options="ro,sync,no_root_squash"/>
<nfsclient name="h-nfs-root" target="@h-nfs-root" options="rw,sync,no_root_squash"/>
<nfsclient name="h-nfs-insecure" target="@h-nfs-insecure" options="rw,sync,insecure"/>
<nfsclient name="h-nfs-insecure-ro" target="@h-nfs-insecure" options="ro,sync,no_root_squash,insecure"/>
<nfsclient name="dhcp-ro" target="@dhcp-hosts" options="ro,sync,no_root_squash"/>
</resources>

 <service name="nfssvc" domain="nfsdomain">
   <ip address="129.177.40.30" monitor_link="yes"/>
   <script name="NFS lockd script" file="/etc/init.d/nfslock-svc"/>
   <clusterfs ref="cluadmfs"/>
   <clusterfs ref="pakkefs">
     <nfsexport name="pakkefs">
       <nfsclient ref="h-nfs-root"/>