[Linux-cluster] Problems with system-config-cluster

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Fri Jul 15 04:35:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am having some problems with the GUI config tool (looks extremely nice btw).

Here is the scenario:

I created manually config 1 to make a 2 node cman cluster join the quorum (seems
to be required to startup the GUI).

<start the GUI>

As soon as i add any kind of fence information (in this attempt I edited the node
fence info that add <method name="1"/> to the node section), send the config to the
cluster and quit the GUI, I am not able to re-open the GUI anymore with the following
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-cluster", line 540, in ?
    runFullGUI()
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-cluster", line 522, in runFullGUI
    baseapp = basecluster(glade_xml, app)
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-cluster", line 135, in __init__
    self.bad_xml_text.get_buffer().set_text(e.getMessage())
TypeError: GtkTextBuffer.set_text() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer, not file

In attachment there is also the generated config (num. 2).

You can also notice that even if i didn't specifically add extra fence information, a line
<fencedevices/> is added. (Removing doesn't help the GUI but it makes the config valid again
for ccsd).

Does anybody have any idea?

Cheers
Fabio